Despite hundreds of its assurances remain unimplemented the Indian Railways is famous for giving silent surprises every now and then with new trains. One such surprise is introduction of a weekly train that connects oceans of South and West of India. Train number 11017/11018 which runs between Loka Manya Tilak Terminus (LTT) and Karaikal (KIK) was inaugurated on 30, Oct 2013.
Train departs on every Saturday at 12.05 from Mumbai and Monday at 14:00 from Karaikal
Through out its journey this train stops at various places (or some nearby stations) of religious interest. I would like to call it “Maadhva Express” for these reasons.
- This train has made journey from Mantralayam to Kumbhakonam very easy. (Major reason 😉 )
- Travel in this train to reach these places
- Alight at Pune (PUNE) and go to Moola Vrindavana of Sri Varadendra Teertharu
- Alight at Solapur (SUR) and go to Pandharapura (By Rail or Road)
- Alight at Mantralayam Road (MALM) and go to Mantralaya (By Road)
- Alight at Guntakal Junction (GTL) and go to Chippagiri to have Darshana of Sri Vijayadasaru
- Alight at Renigunta Junction (RU) and go to Tirupati (Should I tell this really)
- Alight at Arrakkonam Junction (AJJ) and go to Ghatikachala (by Rail or Road)
- Alight at Villupuram Junction (VM) and go to Trivikrama Temple at Tirukkovilur (by Road or Rail)
- Alight at Chidambaram (CDM) and go to Srimushnam or Bhuvanagiri or Vridhachalam (all places are important for devotees of Rayaru)
- Alight at Mailaduturai Junction (MV) and go to Kumbhakonam.
- Alight at Tiruvaroor Junction (TVR) and go to Mannargudi or Tanjavoor or Srirangam. (Train diverts its route to extreme east and goes to Karaikal via Nagapattinam)
Don’t think that you can make out these many places at a single stretch. This train is however helpful if you belong to any of the above place and willing to reach any of the above places.
- This is a mail/express train.
- There is no pantry car attached in train, however catering service is available all along the journey.
- There are few technical halts along with 29 commercial halts for this train.
- It runs on an average of 53KM/Hr speed.
- Coach position : SLR-GEN-GEN-GEN-S1-S2-S3-S4-S5-S6-B2-B1-A1-GEN-GEN-GEN-SLR-LOCO (may subject to change without prior notice)
Watch the inaugural run of this train here